Are you new to teaching and looking for some support with English? Are you returning to teaching and looking for some inspiring ideas?
Date(s) - 02 Oct 19 - 20 May 20
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Wolverham Primary School
Categories No Categories
Course description: This series of six afternoon sessions over the year will provide the appropriate support, inspiration and personal development to teach English successfully in the important NQT year. There is a choice of either KS1 reading and phonics, or KS2 reading for session 2.
Outcomes: Teachers will:
• Develop a good understanding of the progression in grammar knowledge and terminology Y1-6
• Gain clarity with the process of planning a sequence of lessons towards mastery
• Develop a good understanding of the English spelling system and effective teaching approaches for spelling
• Develop clarity about the purpose, structure and features of non-fiction genres
• Understand progression in reading skills across the curriculum and how best to teach reading to their pupils
• Be equipped to return to school and make accurate judgements of their own pupils’ writing and reading
Session 1: Grammar and poetry Y1-Y6 – Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Session 2: Select either
KS1 reading and phonics – Wednesday 23rd October 2019
KS2 reading – Wednesday 6th November 2019
Session 3: Planning for literacy-writing – Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Session 4: Spelling – Wednesday 4th March 2020
Session 5: Non -fiction writing – Wednesday 29th April 2020
Session 6: Assessment – Wednesday 20th May 2020
Audience: NQTs, RQTs, teachers returning to the profession after a break
Cost: £60 +VAT per delegate per session
Bookings are closed for this event.