Looking for a way to teach SMSC and British Values through English?
Date(s) - 05 Nov 19
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Chapelford Primary School
Categories No Categories
Does your school encourage a thoughtful and wide-ranging promotion of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development?
Do the texts you use inspire the teaching of SMSC and British values?
Course description: This half-day course will encourage pupils’ enjoyment and fascination in learning about themselves, others and the world around them. Through inspiring texts that centre on the topic of refugees, pupils’ English skills will be closely and creatively linked to SMSC and British values.
In addition to the half-day course, there will be an opportunity to purchase a set of seven writing units to use with pupils from EYFS–Y6. These include clear detailed lesson plans and resources, linked to high-quality texts, which develop spoken language, reading and writing skills through the mastery approach. Each unit will also provide effective teaching strategies to challenge greater depth writers.
Outcomes – Teachers will:
• Develop English cross curricular writing skills
• Leave with engaging ideas to develop the skills that will allow pupils to participate fully and contribute positively to life in modern Britain
• Engage with writing ideas focused around the British values of individual liberty and mutual respect and acceptance of those with different faiths and beliefs
• Explore a range of strategies to support pupils in developing their emotional literacy
• Gain knowledge of ways to develop pupils’ imagination and creativity in their learning
Audience: English subject leaders, teachers, teaching assistants
Cost: £75+VAT per delegate • £225+VAT for the half-day course plus 7 full units of work from EYFS to Year 6 to run a 4 week project in school ‘