NQT/RQT sessions – supporting with the journey into teaching
Date(s) - 12 Mar 19 - 21 May 19
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Oldfield Primary School
Categories No Categories
NQT/RQT sessions- supporting with the journey into teaching
Are you new to teaching and looking for some support with English? Are you returning to teaching and looking for some inspiring ideas?
Audience: NQTs, RQTs, Teachers returning to the profession after a break
Course description: This series of six twilight sessions over the year will provide the appropriate support, inspiration and personal development to teach English successfully.
Outcomes- Teachers will:
- Develop a good understanding of the progression in grammar knowledge and terminology Y1-6
- Gain knowledge and confidence with the process of planning a sequence of lessons towards mastery
- Develop clarity about the purpose, structure and features of non-fiction genres
- Understand progression in reading skills across the curriculum and how best to teach reading to their pupils
- Be equipped to return to school and make accurate judgements of their own children’s writing and reading standards
Course cost: £60 +VAT per session
|Session 1: Grammar and poetry Y1-Y6||Wednesday 3rd October 2018|
|Session 2: Planning for literacy, including shared and modelled writing||Tuesday 23rd October 2018|
|Session 3: Non-fiction writing and spelling||Wednesday 23rd January 2019|
|Session 4: Reading and phonics||Tuesday 12th March 2019|
|Session 5: Writing assessment||Tuesday 30th April 2019|
|Session 6: Reading assessment||Tuesday 21st May 2019|
Bookings are closed for this event.