New for 2020 – 2021: Pathways to Progress – Free Webinar
Date(s) - 07 Oct 20
4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
• A brand-new intervention programme perfect for DfE Catch-Up Premium
• In line with DfE and EEF recommendations
Following the launch of Pathways to Write and Pathways to Read, please find details below of our new and exciting writing intervention programme.
Pathways to Progress is a writing intervention programme designed to be delivered in addition to pupils’ English lessons. The programme is predominately aimed at pupils who were working just below expected in summer term assessments and those who have fallen behind due to disruption to learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is designed to be facilitated by a teacher, teaching assistant or tutor and provides targeted CPD each half term for the key skills to be taught. The Pathways to Progress intervention programme has been designed following recommendations from the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) on running high-quality structured interventions (Improving Literacy in KS1 – 2016, Improving Literacy in KS2 – 2017).
The programme meets the following criteria:
• An intervention that is delivered in addition to pupils’ English lessons
• Sessions are brief and regular and maintained over a sustained period
• Session planning follows a well-defined and repetitive structure with clear objectives from the National Curriculum
• Weekly opportunities for ongoing assessment of pupils’ progress and recommendations for assessment
• Clear links to class-based learning
• A clear focus on ensuring application of skills beyond the intervention
• Regular training for staff is an integral part of the programme to ensure an accurate and consistent approach to terminology and delivery of grammar-related content
The sessions will focus initially on consolidation of the previous year’s learning objectives but as the year progresses will support pupils in achieving age-related expectations. The lessons can be delivered 1:1 or with small groups of pupils. For pupils who are working significantly below expected standards for their year group, schools may wish to use modules from lower year groups to create a more bespoke intervention.
Date: Wednesday 7th October
Time: 4:15 – 5:00pm
Audience: Head teachers, English subject leaders, school curriculum leaders, class teachers, teaching assistants and tutors.
Venue: Online platform details will be provided via email.
Course Cost: FREE – please enter the name of the delegate(s) and their contact email address on your booking
Bookings are closed for this event.