NQT/RQT sessions- supporting with the journey into teaching
Date(s) - 26 Jan 19
Oldfield Primary School
Categories No Categories
Are you new to teaching and looking for some support with English? Are you returning to teaching and looking for some inspiring ideas?
Audience: NQTs, RQTs, Teachers returning to the profession after a break
Course description: This series of six twilight sessions over the year will provide the appropriate support, inspiration and personal development to teach English successfully.
Outcomes- Teachers will :
- Develop a good understanding of the progression in grammar knowledge and terminology Y1-6
- Gain clarity with the process of planning a sequence of lessons towards mastery
- Develop clarity about the purpose, structure and features of non-fiction genres
- Understand progression in reading skills across the curriculum and how best to teach reading to their pupils
- Be equipped to return to school and make accurate judgements of their own children’s writing and reading standards
Session 1: Grammar and poetry Y1-Y6- Wednesday 3rd October
Session 2: Planning for literacy, including shared and modelled writing- Tuesday 23rd October
Session 3: Non-fiction writing and spelling- Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Session 4: Reading and phonics- Tuesday 12th March 2019
Session 5: Writing assessment- Tuesday 30th April 2019
Session 6: Reading assessment-Tuesday 21st May 2019
Here at The Literacy Company we take your privacy seriously and will only use your information to provide the products and services you have requested from us.