Pathways to Write
The Literacy Company is a passionate team of consultants who work together with schools to enhance the English curriculum and improve standards.
Pathways to Write is a proven methodology built around units of work which develop vocabulary, reading and writing skills through the mastery approach. The units, for use with pupils from EYFS to Y6, provide clear detailed lesson plans and resources, linked to high-quality texts to ensure engaging and purposeful English lessons. Effective teaching strategies to challenge greater depth writers are included within each unit of work.
The whole school package includes 42 full units of work, six for each year group from EYFS to Year 6. Further documents within the package to support the effective implementation of Pathways to Write include: an overview of year group skills from EYFS to Y6, a document to guide the progression and tracking of skills, an overview of reading and spoken language and a progressive guide to genres. Plus writing opportunities for the application of grammar and punctuation and a long term curriculum map.
Within each unit, there are new age-related skills for children to work on and master through a variety of activities and writing opportunities. By limiting the number of skills the units contain, children can really hone their writing techniques, providing excellent, focused assessment opportunities for teachers.
At regular intervals, there are suggestions for extending greater depth writers within the context of the lesson. These are simple, manageable and effective with little additional planning required.
Key elements of Pathways to Write:
- Six detailed units of work for each year group from EYFS to Year 6
- PowerPoints for each unit Y1-Y6 to support the delivery of the planning
- Fully resourced sessions inspired by engaging texts
- Progressive development vocabulary, reading and writing skills through the mastery approach
- Links creatively to the wider curriculum
- Challenges greater depth writers
- Full coverage of grammar and punctuation for each year group
- Suggested whole class read to compliment the main units
- Ongoing support and contact with consultants available
- Mixed age planning option available which are adaptable to a multitude of different classes
- Support for pupils working off track
- The programme allows for flexibility for your experienced practitioners along with support for those less experienced and ECT’s
- 3-4 weeks of planning gives schools and teachers time to incorporate other themes and topics into the curriculum
Pathways to Progress
Stanley Grove Primary
Head Learner, Bradshaw Community Primary School
Pathways to Write
Assistant head teacher, Rockferry Primary School, Wirral
Headteacher, Childer Thornton Primary School, Cheshire
Pathways to Write
English Subject Leader, Sankey Valley St. James’ Primary, Warrington
Pathways to Write pricing
Pathways to Write Full Package
|Part Package Prices|
|Single Year Group||£ 275.00|
|KS1 only (EYFS,1,2)||£ 775.00|
|KS2 only (Y3 - Y6)||
Mixed age planning available
We have developed the Pathways to Write package for schools with mixed age groups in KS1 or KS2. This uses all of our Pathways texts on a rolling 2 year programme for Y1/2, Y3/4 and Y5/6 as well as an option for Y4/5 if required. The units of work come with a detailed overview of objectives to support teachers in meeting expectations for mixed age classess.
|Mixed Age Full Package EYFS, Cycle A and B||£1,725.00|
|EYFS & Mixed Age Planning Cycle A or B||£1020.00|
|Mixed Age Planning Cycle A or B||£800.00|
|NB. For schools who have purchased one Mixed age Cycle inc EYFS, the cost of the second cycle will be £705 so whole cost does not exceed £1725|
|Mixed Age One Year Group Cycle A or B||£ 275.00|
|Additional mixed age planning for existing Pathways to Write schools||
£45.00 per year group per cycle
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, we have devised a catch-up programme for pupils in Y1-Y6 with a focus on basic skills. Find out more here.
Whole school set of themed units (EYFS - Y6) based on the topics of the environment or refugees. These units follow the Pathways to Write methodology and are a great introduction to the Pathways mastery approach.
Pathways to Poetry
Linked to the themes from our Pathways to Write units, each one week unit give pupils the opportunity to explore and write poetry. Can be taught alongside the units or as stand alone units for non-Pathways to Write schools.