Pathways to Poetry
The Literacy Company is a passionate team of consultants who work together with schools to enhance the English curriculum and improve standards.
The Pathways to Poetry programme is a beautiful addition to any English curriculum. It enhances work on vocabulary, spoken language, reading and writing; it gives pupils the opportunity to play with language orally and in writing. From EYFS, where pupils engage with rhymes up to Y6 where pupils are creating metaphor, there is an opportunity for all to practise performance and for crafting their own poetry. A wide range of poetry forms and styles are investigated across each year with progression in writing skills weaved throughout. These poetry units are linked to themes in Pathways to Write and Pathways to Read. However, they can be taught as a complement to any English curriculum.
- One-week discrete units of work for teaching poetry.
- A range of poetry styles covered matched to national curriculum objectives.
- Cost-effective in terms of texts through a mixture of anthologies, free to access poems and our own compositions.
- Built-in focus on performance poetry.
- Focus on collaboration and group work.
- Enhances work on vocabulary, spoken language, reading, and writing; it gives pupils the opportunity to play with language orally and in writing.
- Follows a mastery approach to teaching poetry.
- Ensures poetry elements of the national curriculum are covered.
|Pathways to Poetry
All prices +VAT
|EYFS to Y6, 7 units for each half term: 42 units in total||£ 300.00|
|Single half term EYFS to Y6 (7 units)||£ 50.00|
|Individual Poetry units||£ 7.50|