Pathways to Progress
The Literacy Company is a passionate team of consultants who work together with schools to enhance the English curriculum and improve standards.
Pathways to Progress is a writing intervention programme designed to be delivered in addition to pupils’ English lessons. The programme is predominately aimed at pupils who were working just below expected in summer term assessments and those who have fallen behind due to disruption to learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is designed to be facilitated by a teacher, teaching assistant or tutor and provides targeted CPD each half term for the key skills to be taught. The Pathways to Progress intervention programme has been designed following recommendations from the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) on running high-quality structured interventions (Improving Literacy in KS1 - 2020, Improving Literacy in KS2 – 2017).
The sessions will focus initially on consolidation of the previous year’s learning objectives but as the year progresses will support pupils in achieving age-related expectations. The lessons can be delivered 1:1 or with small groups of pupils. For pupils who are working significantly below expected standards for their year group, schools may wish to use modules from lower year groups to create a more bespoke intervention.
- An intervention that is delivered in addition to pupils’ English lessons based on EEF research on effective interventions
- 3x 20-30 minute sessions per week with a simple weekly structure (Review/Teach – Practise – Apply)
- Flexible modules which can be targeted to different groups of children - whole class, 1-1 or small groups
- Clear links to class-based learning to ensure application of skills beyond the intervention
- Regular training for staff through CPD videos is an integral part of the programme to ensure an accurate and consistent approach to terminology and delivery of grammar-related content
- Meets the criteria for use of the Covid Catch-up Premium
|Package||Subscription Year 1||Ongoing Annual Subscription||All Prices are Subject to VAT|
Y1 – Y6
|Single year group||£250.00||£40.00|
Year 1 subscription will include:
- Y1 – Y6 intervention planning and resources from Au1 to Su2
- 108 lessons and approx. 20 videos per year group
- Facilitator guide
- Full set of CPD videos, access for 12 months
- Introductory training session video
Subscription in subsequent years includes:
- Continued access to CPD videos
- Up-dates and additions