Pathways to Progress
Pathways Literacy products are programmes for schools to support whole school development of English. Written by experienced English consultants, these high-quality programmes for reading and writing will inspire pupils and teachers alike. Unlike many other schemes, Pathways Literacy resources are designed to be flexible to fit around your existing wider curriculum while ensuring a progressive approach to English teaching. Pathways Literacy comprises of four outstanding products: our award-winning Pathways to Write, Pathways to Read, our catch-up programme Pathways to Progress and our support package for learning at home Pathways to Home Learning.
Coming soon - Pathways to Spell
New for 2020-2021: Pathways to Progress
A brand-new intervention programme perfect for DfE Catch-Up Premium
- In line with DfE and EEF recommendations
Pathways to Progress is a writing intervention programme designed to be delivered in addition to pupils’ English lessons. The programme is predominately aimed at pupils who were working just below expected in summer term assessments and those who have fallen behind due to disruption to learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is designed to be facilitated by a teacher, teaching assistant or tutor and provides targeted CPD each half term for the key skills to be taught. The Pathways to Progress intervention programme has been designed following recommendations from the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) on running high-quality structured interventions (Improving Literacy in KS1 - 2020, Improving Literacy in KS2 – 2017).
The programme meets the following criteria:
- An intervention that is delivered in addition to pupils’ English lessons
- Sessions are brief and regular and maintained over a sustained period
- Session planning follows a well-defined and repetitive structure with clear objectives from the National Curriculum
- Weekly opportunities for ongoing assessment of pupils’ progress and recommendations for assessment
- Clear links to class-based learning
- A clear focus on ensuring application of skills beyond the intervention
- Regular training for staff is an integral part of the programme to ensure an accurate and consistent approach to terminology and delivery of grammar-related content
The sessions will focus initially on consolidation of the previous year’s learning objectives but as the year progresses will support pupils in achieving age-related expectations. The lessons can be delivered 1:1 or with small groups of pupils. For pupils who are working significantly below expected standards for their year group, schools may wish to use modules from lower year groups to create a more bespoke intervention.
|Package||Subscription Year 1||Ongoing Annual Subscription||All Prices are Subject to VAT|
Y1 – Y6
|Single year group||£250.00||£40.00|
Year 1 subscription will include:
- Y1 – Y6 intervention planning and resources from Au1 to Su2
- 108 lessons and approx. 20 videos per year group
- Facilitator guide
- Full set of CPD videos, access for 12 months
- Introductory training session video
Subscription in subsequent years includes:
- Continued access to CPD videos
- Up-dates and additions
To purchase a subscription or for more information, please contact Nicole Wright firstname.lastname@example.org