Are you looking for ideas and resources to teach spelling remotely and to ease your teacher workload?
We have put together resources to support home learning for spelling with a focus on the basics and on the aspects of spelling that pupils often struggle with. This resource recaps spelling concepts, patterns and common exception words from the Y3/4 curriculum onwards. On their return to school, the work completed as part of this resource will support your pupils hugely in further learning of spelling.
This resource includes the following:
- Six weeks of planning prepared on PowerPoint slides for Y5/6
- Clear structure detailing 3 sessions to be delivered per week (following recommended EEF remote teaching guidance)
- Review ladders for pupils to complete at the end of each session
- Overviews of spelling skills to be taught for Y5/6
- Explanatory methodology document to support teachers