What a Year!
What a year!
This school year has been a rough ride for all involved. We want to thank all the wonderful teachers, schools and support staff who have worked with us, and we hope you are enjoying your much deserved summer holiday.
Here at The Literacy Company, we have had a very busy year…
- We were shortlisted for the BETT, ERA and Teach Primary awards for our Pathways resources.
- In September, we released Pathways to Read, which is now implemented in over 130 schools nationally and internationally.
- In October, we released Pathways to Progress, our intervention programme which supports pupils working below expected standard. This programme also supports teachers and school staff by providing them with access to quality CPD through a range of subject knowledge videos.
- In October, we also released Pathways to Home Learning, which supported schools and students through the lockdowns, and this programme can also support schools with effective homework activities.
- In June, we launched Pathways to Spell, a new, innovative, and engaging programme aimed at building a whole school of spellers.
- Our Pathways to Poetry units, linked with Pathways to Write, have been developed into a complete package with a one week unit for each year group, for each half term.
- Our Pathways to Write schools number over 250 across the UK, with PowerPoints now available to support each unit.
- We have reached schools nationally, from Lancashire, Yorkshire, Merseyside and Cheshire to Devon, London, Kent and Brighton, and internationally – even all the way to Dubai!
- We have been delighted with the growing number of schools who have submitted work to us via our Twitter page. We love seeing the outcomes of our units of work.
- We have supported schools and teachers through the changes to the EYFS framework, including CPD videos discussing these changes.
- All our units have been adapted to suit the new EYFS Framework, as well as resources created with the award-winning team from Teach Active.
- We have adapted to the rapidly changing social climate by providing a wide range of online, on demand webinars and continued to grow our online learning platform with training courses available through Thinkific.
- We have supported thousands of delegates through our webinars including introductions to Pathways products, Subject Leader sessions and moderation sessions.
- Our team has continued to grow, with new members to the sales and marketing team.
- An interview with Scheme Support for their Meet the Publisher feature.
And we’re not stopping there!
Over the next year, we will continue to provide creative, innovative, and engaging resources to support teachers and their pupils. We will ensure all our current resources are up to date and in line with any changes to the national curriculum or EYFS framework.
We will continue to support teachers and schools by providing a variety of training courses, including moderation for all year groups, and webinars for Early Career Teachers who are new to their roles. Throughout September, we will be hosting a range of free Pathways Literacy webinars, ensuring that teachers and staff get the best advice and support in implementing Pathways products.
After all that, we might get a chance for a cuppa!