Pathways to Spell
The Literacy Company is a passionate team of consultants who work together with schools to enhance the English curriculum and improve standards.
Pathways to Spell is an innovative and engaging programme to fascinate pupils about words. It is a research-based series of lessons following a Review, Explain, Practise, Apply and Reflect model. Through this programme, we aim to develop a school of spellers who use a series of strategies in lessons and in their independent writing. Unlike other spelling programmes, there is a cycle of review objectives covering the whole curriculum to ensure gaps in learning are constantly revisited. Another high-quality product from The Literacy Company which includes inclusive lessons for all pupils, supports teacher subject knowledge and is fully resourced.
Key elements of Pathways to Spell:
- Covers the whole national curriculum.
- Pedagogically sound and evidence-based.
- Multi-sensory approach.
- Fully resourced to support within lessons and beyond.
- Builds phonemic, orthographic, morphological and etymological knowledge.
- Builds teacher and pupil confidence
- Develops a range of independent spelling strategies to apply beyond spelling lessons.
- Fully resourced to support within the lesson and beyond.
- Develops a school of spellers.
Developing Shared Reading S2 – I can’t remember a course I have enjoyed as much in a long LONG time.
Y6 teacher – Beamont Primary School
We have found the support offered by The Literacy Company to be invaluable and highly effective and we thank them for this support
Head Learner, Bradshaw Community Primary School
Y7 Transition Course
Y7 teacher - The Mosslands School
I was particularly impressed that some very hard to reach boys were keen to write.
Assistant head teacher, Rockferry Primary School, Wirral
Staff have a sharper focus on the relevant, necessary skills they need to master in each year group.
Headteacher, Childer Thornton Primary School, Cheshire
|Non-Pathways School||Pathways School|
|Whole School Pack Y1-Y6||£445.00||£395.00|
|Single Year group||£115.00||£115.00|